Why Choose Virdi
The Virdi Eye Clinic and Laser Vision and Cataract Center provides a full spectrum of general and specialty ophthalmological care for adults and children.
At the Virdi Eye Clinic, we are driven by our commitment to providing the highest quality eye-care in a compassionate and ethical environment. Our physicians are board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and are specially trained to perform:
- Refractive surgery by iLASIK
- No-stitch, no-shot, no-patch cataract surgery
- Glaucoma laser and surgery
- Laser treatment of diabetic retinopathy and macular degeneration
- Muscle surgery (lazy eye)
- Oculoplastics eyelid surgery
- Multi-focal cataract surgery
- Corneal transplant
Why Choose Virdi Eye Clinic & Laser Vision Center for your refactive surgery?
Many of you are doing extensive research into refractive surgery before making your decision whether to have this exciting procedure. Equally important as to whether this is right for you, is which surgeon and laser center is best. This is a decision not to be taken lightly and there are many factors to be considered.
Most would agree that the most important concern is getting the safest and best surgery. After all, these are your only pair of eyes and replacements are not available. At The Virdi Eye Clinic and Laser Vision Center, patient outcomes speak for themselves. Our physicians rank well above the national average for post-surgical outcomes. We would be happy to share our latest data with you.
While getting the best vision is most important, cost is something everyone considers. While there are many low cost LASIK centers, a potential candidate must look beyond cheapest rates. Eyesight is too important to cut corners. Our commitment is to the best surgery, not the cheapest. Our laser center uses only the latest technology, the best trained staff, and provides complete care from the beginning to the end and beyond. Most cut rate centers charge extra for many items and provide no long term care. Additionally, some surgeons at cut rate laser centers have no commitment to our area, so long term care of your eyes is not always assured.
At The Virdi Eye Clinic and Laser Vision Center, we do make the best LASIK affordable with discounts for certain insurances, and payment plans with low monthly payments. Additionally, we accept all major credit cards. Please ask how we can help you get the finest eye surgery in the area performed by our specialized surgeons.
The Virdi Eye Clinic and Laser Vision Center is a full service eye care center designed to meet all of your eye care needs. Our doctors and staff are dedicated to maintaining and enhancing the quality of life for our patients through the most up to date care. Some of the procedures and services we provide:
- Bladeless Lasik
- Laser Cataract Surgery
- Multi-Focal Lenses
- Corneal Transplant
- Pediatric Opthalmology
- Contact Lenses
- Optical Services
Find out more about Dr. Virdi, M.D.
Find out more about Dr. Borisuth, M.D.
Find out more about Dr. Asota, M.D.
Find out more about Dr. Chhabra, M.D.
Find out more about Dr. Setchell, O.D.
Find out more about Dr. Bland, O.D.
More About iLASIK
The Virdi Eye Clinic offers Customvue and "Basic iLasik'. Customvue is FDA approved for nearsightedness not more than –6.0 diopters with less than –3.0 diopters of astigmatism. The pupil must dilate 5mm or more in dim light to obtain sufficient data. Customvue treatment is specific to the eye under treatment. It includes information from the Wavescan System that is more individualized than what your doctor uses to program a "Basic iLasik" treatment. As no two people are the same, no two eyes with the identical refractive error, when evaluated in finer detail share the same eye irregularities. Customvue creates a highly detail map of your corrective needs, identifying each tiny imperfection or higher order aberrations. The variable spot scanning allows for a larger treatment area, the ability to custom treat the small irregularities (higher order aberrations), giving the doctor greater flexibility to develop a more individualized corrective procedure.
Basic iLasik is for patients that are above the –6.0 diopter for nearsightedness / -3.0 diopter for astigmatism; for farsighted patients (+0.5 to +5.0 diopters) with up to +3.0 diopters of refractive astigmatism; for mixed astigmatism patients (_<6.0 diopters of astigmatism).
The Good iLASIK Candidate
If you are considering iLasik surgery, you must:
- - Be 21 years of age for iLASIK treatment of nearsightedness, farsightedness with or without astigmatism
- - Your refraction has not changed by more than 0.50 diopters during the year before your pre-operative exam
- - Have healthy eye free from eye disease or corneal abnormalities
- - Have nearsightedness up to-12.0 diopters with or without refractive astigmatism between 0.5 and 5.0 diopters
- - Have farsightedness up to +0.5 to +5.0 diopters with or without refractive astigmatism up to +3.0 diopters for iLASIK treatment
- - Have mixed astigmatism up to 6.0 diopters for iLASIK treatment
- - Be able to lie flat without difficulty
- - Be able to tolerate local or topical anesthesia
- - Be able to keep your eye accurately focused on the fixation light for the entire Laser surgical procedure
- - Be informed of laser surgical risks and benefits as compared to other available treatments
- - Be willing to sign informed consent form as provided by our physicians
Patient's Point of View
Click here to read an article written by a recent patient