Davenport boy lost his hand in fireworks accident

Family urges caution as fireworks become legal

DAVENPORT, Iowa - A 15-year-old boy lost his hand in a fireworks accident Friday night in Davenport. 

 

He was holding what he thought was a smoke bomb.

 

His family tells Local 4 News he was taken to a hospital in Peoria for a procedure at 2 a.m. but doctors could not save his hand.

 

How family now wants to make sure parents in the Quad Cities pay attention to what fireworks they are buying now that they're legal in Iowa.

 

They don't want something like this to happen to any other children.

 

More Stories

Don't Miss

  • Hidden History
    Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • How to change your Facebook Preferences
    Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • QC Health Alert
    Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Your Local Elections HQ
    Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Our QC Cares

Trending Stories

Latest News

Video Center