Local 4 News in the Quad Cities is looking for an Assignments Editor.
The Assignments Editor answers incoming news calls and assigns daily news stories according to the news personnel available.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Tracks stories from all sources including government agencies, wire services and community groups.
• Dispatches photographers, reporters and other personnel to cover stories.
• Coordinates logistics for news personnel.
• Participates in daily story meetings and supplies a comprehensive list of all possible news stories, and works with the News Director to develop plans for all broadcasts.
• Assists in development, planning and follow-up of all news stories.
• Edits video clips as assigned.
• Writes stories for the web and other eMedia platforms.
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
• Performs other duties as assigned.