Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Produces newscasts for broadcast across all platforms.
- Writes and orders news stories.
- Approves scripts.
- Balances news and feature content to create compelling broadcasts.
- Edits video and posts video to the website.
- Writes stories for the website and other digital platforms.
- Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites.
- Maintains accuracy and integrity in news products delivered.
- Ensures station compliance with rules and regulations applicable to FCC, local, state and federal law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Minimum one year producing preferred.
- Fluency in English; excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to multi-task, deal with extreme deadline pressure, and react/coordinate coverage under live breaking news situations is crucial.
- Flexibility to work any shift.
To apply go to: https://broadcastcareers-nexstar.icims.com/jobs/4578