UPDATE: Davenport Police say an incident involving a threat at West High School, Davenport, remains under investigation.

Shortly before 1 p.m. Friday, according to a statement from Davenport Police, Davenport Police School Resource Officers received information about a possible threat to students and staff at West High School.

“To ensure a safe academic environment, additional Davenport Police Officers responded to the school. With assistance from school staff, the school day continued and students were dismissed at the normal time,” the statement says.

“We’d like to take this opportunity to highlight the importance of alerting a trusted adult such as a police officer or school administrator anytime suspicious activity is observed or heard,” the statement says. “Help keep your community and school safe. If you see something, say something.”

Police say no further information is available as of Friday evening.

EARLIER UPDATE: A written threat that the Davenport School District received Friday afternoon was unsubstantiated, a district spokesperson said.

The district “was informed of a possible threat via airdrop message a little before 1 p.m.” Friday, spokesperson Mike Vondran told Local 4 News. “As per district protocol, Davenport Police were notified. They arrived on scene and did a thorough investigation. During the investigation, it was determined the threat was unsubstantiated.”

“The Davenport district takes each and every threat very seriously,” Vondran said. The district sent a message about the incident to parents.

EARLIER: A heavy police presence remained in place Friday afternoon at West High School, Davenport, for an incident that started about 1:30 p.m.

Shortly after that, at least one student texted a parent, saying the students were told to stay where they were and not to leave classrooms.

Additionally, a threatening message was shared via airdrop. It contains racist language and says in part “Time is ticking these police officers can’t save you be shooting startes at 2:30 with my AR 15.”

A list of names follows the threat.

At 3:35 p.m., a large number of students left the building, with multiple officers stationed at each entrance and exit to the school. Several squad cars were in the parking lot and general area.

Some parents arrived to pick up students on school property and across the street.