Several area events and services are closing due to concerns of COVID-19. Here is an updated list of closings and cancellations.
- The Quad City In-Fisherman Swap on Saturday, April 4th, at the QCCA Expo Center has been cancelled.
- The Kwik Star Criterium, an annual Memorial Day weekend tradition run by the Quad Cities Bicycle Club for over 50 years is cancelled for 2020.
- R.I.A. Federal Credit Union Moline Hy-Vee Branch, Silvis Hy-Vee Branch and Rock Island Arsenal Branch will be closed starting March 17.
- Indigo Wellness Studios in Moline has cancelled all in-person yoga instruction until March 31.
- The Illinois Gaming Board has ordered the suspension of all video gaming operations at all licensed video gaming establishments of any kind in Illinois effective 9 p.m. March 16 through March 30.
- The Martin Luther King Center is closed until further notice starting March 18. Programs and services that are cancelled during this time include After-school Program, VITA tax preparation assistance, ACTIVE Club meetings, and all events and activities in the banquet room and other meeting spaces. Follow their Facebook page for the latest information about when programs and services will return. Or you can call (309) 732-2999 with any questions.
- The Salvation Army Family services are being handled over the phone with no in-office appointments. The number to call is 563-324-4808. All other activities at the Quad Cities Family Services, and the Davenport and Moline Heritage Temple Corps, are cancelled until further notice.
- UnityPoint Health – Trinity has made the decision to postpone all nonessential procedures and surgeries after Friday, March 20 until further notice. UnityPoint Health hospitals, clinics and walk-in clinic locations will remain open. Urgent and emergency surgeries will continue. UnityPoint Health – Trinity asks patients to please contact their doctor’s office to receive more information about specific care, including rescheduling.