Striking workers are getting support from some truck drivers delivering to John Deere.
A video recorded Thursday in Moline shows picketers convincing a freight truck driver to put a couple of picket signs on the side of the truck before dropping off a shipment at John Deere.
Union members cheered the driver to show thanks for that support.
Another truck in Moline did not make it to the picket line on Thursday.
The driver decided not to cross the picket line and turned around without making the delivery to the company.
- Deere, UAW reach tentative agreement
- Workers set up potential strike with Deere and Company
- No deal yet between Deere and UAW: Deadline 30 hours away
- Farmers concerned about potential strike at John Deere
- Woman remembers family’s struggle during the 1986 John Deere strike
- John Deere distributors worry about strike, say they’ve already had trouble getting products
- John Deere employees out on strike
- Deere & Co. workers go on strike after rejecting contract
- Democratic Party chair: ‘I stand with the workers at John Deere factories around Iowa’
- John Deere UAW workers walk off job
- UAW John Deere workers out on strike
- Union worker talks about John Deere strike and what’s next