Genesis Health Systems is back for the third year of Pack the Bus to help raise school supplies local families this upcoming school year.
“The Genesis ‘Pack the Bus’ campaign will assist families and the schools again this year by providing the tools they need for learning,” said Shirley Gusta, director of the Genesis Business Intelligence Center. “There is never enough funding for schools to provide everything students need and with the continued challenges we face with COVID, children cannot share supplies at school.
Last year, they collected 10,355 items valued at $19,200. The supplies were delivered to 10 school districts.
“We are grateful for the generous response of Genesis employees and from the public for students and their local schools,” said Gusta. “Like last year, we anticipate families and local school districts will continue to need our support because of the continuing challenges brought by COVID-19.”
Donations can be dropped off at the bus between 7:30 a.m. and 3:45 p.m. from August 2nd to 5th. The bus will be parked at four different locations over those four days:
- Aug. 2 at Genesis Medical Center, East Rusholme Street, Davenport, in the parking lot between the Heart Institute and Edgerton building
- Aug. 3 at Genesis Medical Center, West Central Park, Davenport, on the north side/West Central Park Avenue parking lot
- Aug. 4 at Genesis Medical Center, Silvis, in the corner of the main parking lot
- Aug. 5 at North Scott Foods, Eldridge.
They are requesting the following items:
- AAA Batteries
- Art Brushes
- Backpacks (girl/boy/generic)
- Binders (3-Ring)
- Bleach Wipes
- Colored Pencils
- Dry Erase Markers
- Facial Tissues
- 2 Pocket Folders (Plastic or Paper)
- Glue Sticks
- Hand Sanitizer
- Headphones, No Ear Buds
- Liquid Glue – Elmer’s
- Mechanical Pencils
- #2 Pencils & Pencil Boxes
- Individual Pencil Sharpeners
- Note Cards
- Ink Pens (black, blue and red)
- Scotch Tape
- Spiral Notebooks – Wide Lined
- Tabbed Dividers for 3 Ring Binders
- Washable Markers
- Zip Lock Bags
Monetary donations can be made here.