This December, collectors will bid on historical art pieces during Rock Island Auction Company’s Premier Firearms Event Dec. 3-5.
Among the highlights, according to a press release from Rock Island Auction Company, will be:
- Napoleon Garniture
- Pre-auction estimated price: $1.5M – $3.5M
- King Louis XIII pistol
- Pre-auction estimated price: $120,000 – $250,000
- Colt Single Action Army Revolver of Major General Emory Upton
- Pre-auction estimated price: $250,000 – $450,000
- Solid Silver Winchester 1866
- Pre-auction estimated price: $400,000 – $650,000
- Rifle Belonging to Mormon Leader Brigham Young
- Pre-auction estimated price: $75,000 – $150,000
- Colt Detective Special
- Pre-auction estimated price: $50,000 – $75,000
- Rifle of British-American Adventurer Sir Henry Morton Stanley
- Pre-auction estimated price: $40,000 – $65,000
Event and Bidding Details
Rock Island Auction Company will host a preview day on the preceding Thursday and the items will be sold Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Preview and auction days are open to the public.
Interested buyers can bid in-person or live from the web page using a virtual platform, RIAC Live. Participants may bid via third-party websites that host the auction.
Absentee bids can be submitted to RIAC via the website, email, fax, phone, or by mailing in an absentee bid form. Bidders must be registered to bid prior to the auction.