UPDATE: The Bettendorf Fire Department released a statement on the fire at 3323 Moencks Road.
According to the fire department, the home owner lit his grill and went inside. He then heard a loud noise coming from the grill or propane tank and looked outside to see flames outside his home.
After calling 9-1-1, the homeowner and his friend were able to get out of the home safely.
The Bettendorf Fire Department was able to quickly extinguish the fire.
Damage to the home is estimated to be $60,000.
EARLIER UPDATE: A house fire closed a road while emergency crews worked to put it out Wednesday.
It happened in the 3300 block of Moencks Road after 7 p.m.
Officials say the fire started out back near the grill, then the house caught fire.
No one was injured and there are no damage estimates yet.
Moencks Road was closed from Valley Drive to Evergreen Place.
Local 4 News was first on the scene.
Bettendorf Fire was assisted by Riverdale Fire, MEDIC Ambulance and Bettendorf Police.
This is a developing story. Stay tuned to Local 4 News, Fox 18 News and OurQuadCities.com for updates. Got a news tip? Forward it to Local 4 on Twitter or Facebook or download our app on your iPhone or Android phone.