- Davenport Public Library is cancelling some of its programs including Storytimes. More information can be found here. All branches will be closed through March 31, effective at closing March 16. The Fairmount drive-up window will be open for hold pickups only Monday through Saturday 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. More information is available here or by calling 563-326-7832. UPDATE: The Davenport Public Library Shredding Day has been rescheduled for Thursday, September 10 from 1pm-4pm at the Eastern Avenue branch (6000 Eastern Avenue).
- Bettendorf Public Library will be closed to the public beginning 5 p.m. on March 16. The library will remain closed until March 31. UPDATE: The Bettendorf Public Library has temporarily suspended automated book return until the library reopens to the public. Patrons are asked to hold onto any library materials during this period. Due dates on all library materials have been extended to May 18, 2020.
- East Moline Public Library closed to the public at 5 p.m. on March 16 and will remain closed until at least Wednesday, April 1, with a reopening date decided as more information becomes available. More information is available here.
- Clinton Public Library Beginning March 16, all programs and outreach at the library will be cancelled or rescheduled under further notice. More information is available by visiting the library’s social media pages @IACPL, official website or calling the library directly at 563-242-8441.
- River Valley District Library has cancelled the following events: Make a Tri-fold Card, Beekeeping 101, Puzzles & More, Teen Video Games, Adult Coloring, Lego Club, and Free Family Portraits.
- Family Museum in Bettendorf will be closed through Tuesday, March 31.
- Putnam Museum will be closed March 17 – March 31. All events scheduled through May 9 have either been postponed or cancelled.
- Quad City Botanical Center is temporarily closed which includes all events, classes and programs.
- The Rock Island Public Library locations will be closed to the public from 8 p.m. on Mon., March 16th through Sat., April 4th. The library plans to reopen to the public on Mon., April 6th. Library cards that are expiring in March will be automatically extended through April 30th. UPDATE: The library will remain closed through April 30th.
- German American Heritage Center will temporary close until March 31. The Eiermarkt Spring Craft Fair is postponed. The egg workshop, basket weaving class, and free family weekend have been cancelled.
Moline Public Library to offer curbside delivery
Starting March 23rd, the Moline Public Library will offer curbside delivery for cardholders. Here is how it works:
- Call (309) 524-2481 between 10 am and 3 pm Monday through Friday where a
library staff member will take the order. Patrons may arrange to pick up
item(s) already on hold and/or request up to 10 items for check out. Items available can be found in the Library’s online catalog, www.molinelibrary.com. Alternately, a patron may request Library staff choose materials from a preferred genre (i.e. mystery novels or action comedies on DVD).
- Once a request is placed, the Library will fill the order and contact the patron to let them know items are ready for pick-up. Items will be held for 3 days.
- Upon arrival, the patron is asked to call the same number – (309) 524-2481 – and a
member of the Library staff will meet the patron at the designated pick-up location at the
- This is a temporary accommodation with limited transaction availability. Returns should be returned to the appropriate receptacle. No new holds will be accepted. Fines, if applicable, should be paid online. Book donations to the Friends of the Moline Public Library Foundation will resume once the Library reopens.