UPDATE: More details have been released of the police chase that ended Moline on Tuesday night, as well as an update on charges brought against the three men arrested in the incident.
Around 8:40pm, Davenport Police responded to a report of three males threatening a person with guns in the 1400 block of Bridge Avenue.
The three suspects left the scene in a vehicle that was spotted shortly after. When police attempted to stop the vehicle, the suspects sped off and the police chased after them.
The chase went through Davenport and into Bettendorf. The suspects then got on I-74 at Middle Road heading into Illinois.
Police were able to stop the vehicle in the 700 block of 19th Street in Moline. All three suspects ran from the vehicle but were caught after a short foot chase.
They were each transported to Trinity Hospital in Rock Island to be treated for minor injuries. One officer was injured from the foot chase and arrest.
Two guns were found in the car.
The three suspects have been charged with the following:
- Austen Michael Thomas, 22, of Davenport, was charged with aggravated resisting arrest with an officer injured and resisting arrest
- Isiah Dominique Butler, 22, of Davenport was charged with possession of a stolen firearm, aggravated unlawful use of a weapon, aggravated fleeing and eluding and resisting arrest
- Kenyon Pulliam, 20, of Rock Island was charged with aggravated unlawful use of a weapon, resisting arrest and an unrelated warrant for armed robbery out of Rock Island County
EARLIER UPDATE: Davenport Police said the following charges were filed in Illinois after a police chase on both sides of the river Tuesday night.
- Austen Michael Thomas, 22, of Davenport: Aggravated resisting arrest (Class 4 felony, no bond)
- Isiah Dominique Butler, 22, of Davenport: Resisting arrest and aggravated fleeing and eluding (Class 4 felony, no bond)
- Kenyon D. Pulliam, 21, of Moline: Resisting arrest and robbery warrant out of Rock Island County. (Bond is $100,000.)
Anyone with information regarding this incident is encouraged to call the Davenport
Police Department at 563-326-6125, submit an anonymous tip via the “P3 Tips” mobile
app or submit a tip online at qccrimestoppers.com.
EARLIER UPDATE: A car crashed in Moline after a police chase began in Davenport on Tuesday evening. Davenport police originally received a call about potential gun violence. Police then found a vehicle that matched the description given to them from the original call, which started the chase.
The accident happened in a construction zone on 19th St., Moline. Davenport police say the chase started in Davenport, then went into Bettendorf before crossing the I-74 Bridge into Illinois.
Officers took at least three people into custody who were driven away in an ambulance. No word yet on what caused the crash.
Local 4 News was the only station at the scene.
We will bring more details as we get them.
This is a developing story. Stay tuned to Local 4 News, Fox 18 News and OurQuadCities.com for updates. Got a news tip? Forward it to Local 4 on Twitter or Facebook or download our app on your iPhone or Android phone.