All branches of the Rock Island Public Library will be closed Thursday, Nov. 26, and Friday, Nov. 27, in observance of Thanksgiving.
All locations will be open from 9 a.m. to noon on Saturday, Nov. 28.
Online services and book-drops will be open during the holiday break.
How the Rock Island Public Library is responding to the COVID-19 pandemic
- In compliance with Tier 3 mitigations in the Restore Illinois Plan, the Rock Island Public Library remains open for grab and go, curbside and online services.
- Only quick browsing, material checkout, returns and limited-time public computer WiFi reservations are allowed.
- Tables, chairs and extended visits are not available.
- A maximum of one hour per person, per day is available for either computer or inside WiFi appointments.
- Masks that cover both the nose and mouth are required at all times when inside buildings, along with a minimum of 6 feet of social distancing.
- The library encourages using curbside pickup, digital library services and checking out additional materials to conserve visits.
- Homebound resources are available for patrons with health concerns.
- Communications for service updates will be conducted via email by the library.
- All library events are offered virtually or on a take-home method.
For updates, visit the library’s website or call 309-732-READ.