Video of a deadly police shooting in Rock Island is expected to be released Wednesday.
It’s the shooting that killed DeShawn Tatum.
A statement from the Rock Island County’s State’s Attorney’s Office did not specifically mention it would be body camera footage.
It only says “copies of the legal opinion and relevant footage will be available.”
The 25-year-old man was shot and killed by police earlier this month at the Chicken Shack, near 11th Street and 31st Avenue.
Prosecutors tell Local 4 News Tatum’s family has seen part of the body cam video.
- Officer ‘grazed on the head by a bullet’ in fatal shooting Thursday evening
- Normal operations resume at hospital
- One dead after officer-involved shooting in Rock Island
- Man shot by police identified; died of ‘gunshot wounds to the head and chest’
- Family, friends gather at memorial for man killed in officer-involved shooting
- ‘I have never heard gunshots before.’ Neighbor describes fatal officer-involved shooting
- A look back at a year of officer-involved shootings
- 3 officer-involved shootings in 2021: A closer look
- Rock Island County NAACP releases statement on death of DeShawn Tatum
- Rock Island NAACP director: ‘We want the community to also be part of this relationship’
- Group honors DeShawn Tatum outside Rock Island County Justice Center
- WATCH: Hundreds remember DeShawn Tatum with funeral, prayer, march
- Rock Island County state’s attorney: DeShawn Tatum’s family has seen police body cam video