The Colona and Coal Valley firefighters got a dose of “good training” when they responded to a report of a woman having breathing problems after finding a white powder while opening old boxes.
It happened Tuesday morning in a home in the 700 block of 4th Street in Colona.
Emergency crews took the woman to get checked out, but a search of the house found no powder.
Colona Fire Captain Kirk Wyffels said it will be classified as an “unfounded event,” but served as a “good training” opportunity.
He said nothing toxic was found.