2020 college commencement ceremony postponements and cancellations are available here.
- St. Ambrose University Moving to a distant education only, as well as cancelling all university events scheduled through March 29. EARLIER UPDATE: Distant education will be extended to the end of the spring semester on May 8. All university events are canceled through May 8. UPDATE: St. Ambrose University has cancelled the in-person Spring 2020 Commencement ceremony scheduled on May 9. Any alternate celebrations will be announced in the near future.
- Western Illinois University Classes will resume on March 23 in an alternative format and continue until at least April 3. Regularly scheduled on-line classes resume March 21. The university is also cancelling the room reservations for all externally hosted events and meetings between now and April 3rd, 2020.
- University of Illinois UI Extension events following events are cancelled: Spring Series of Home Horticulture, Tools to Manage Diabetes
- Eastern Iowa Community Colleges has closed all of its buildings as of March 19 at 2pm. The buildings will remain closed until April 12, with the current intent to resume normal operations April 13.
- Carl Sandburg College campuses in Galesburg will be closed March 16 – 22. All college classes and activities will not take place. Lecture classes will resume on March 23 online, lab and clinical sessions will take place with social distancing encouraged and additional hand washing stations in place. UPDATE: Online classes will continue to end of the spring semester. On-campus Commencement ceremonies as well as all campus activities are cancelled.
- Black Hawk College has cancelled classes on March 16th and March 17th . Classes will begin online from March 18th through March 29th. The Black Hawk College Job Fair scheduled for March 25 has also been cancelled. UPDATE: All college facilities are closed to employees and students until April 7. Employees and students should check their email for an important COVID-19 update. The Board of Trustees Meeting scheduled for March 26 has been cancelled.
- Augustana College announced early spring starting end of Friday, March 13th through March 29th. Classes will resume on March 30th.
- Monmouth College has cancelled classes from March 16, through Friday, March 20.
- Capri College is closed until April 13th.