The Athena Awards Luncheon is coming up to celebrate Quad City women and their accomplishments.
Each year, Women Lead Change Quad Cities recognizes the accomplishments and contributions of women in the community. The Athena Leadership Award is presented to women who are honored for excellence, community service and for actively assisting women in their attainment of professional leadership excellence and leadership skills.
This year’s Athena Awards Luncheon is 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday, February 5, at the Waterfront Convention Center in Bettendorf. Tickets for the event can be purchased here until Wednesday, January 29.
2020 Athena Awards nominees:
- Trish Tague Burnett – Executive Director for the American Red Cross Quad Cities and West Central Illinois Chapter
- Heidi Huiskamp Collins – CEO of Huiskamp Collins Investments, LLC
- Rene Gellerman – President and CEO of United Way of the Quad Cities
- Jan Pomije – Business Development Manager for Hearts of Quad Cities/Lexus of Quad Cities
2020 Male Champion of Change Award honoree:
- James Von Maur – President and CEO of Von Maur
In order to be nominated for an Athena Award, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate excellence, creativity and initiative in their business or profession
- Provide valuable service to improve the quality of life for others in their community
- Actively assist women in achieving their full leadership potential