Moline’s new mayor is now on the job.
Sangeetha Rayapati was applauded after she took an oath of office during Tuesday night’s Moline City Council meeting, along with the new aldermen.
Rayapati replaces Stephanie Acri, who had the job since 2017.
She tells Local 4 News her four years as the Moline School Board president prepared her for this.
Rayapati adds she looks forward now to hearing from people about the changes they want to see in the city.
Watch the full city council meeting and find more coverage on Rayapati below.
MORE STORIES ABOUT SANGEETHA RAYAPATI
- Moline mayoral hopeful Rayapati says ‘picking a public fight’ with WIU wrong approach
- Moline mayor challenger Rayapati says years of turnover at City Hall need to change
- Meet the Moline candidates for mayor
- Political fight over teacher allegations
- Moline mayor: Rayapati defeats Acri
- In case you missed it: Live election results
- Sangeetha Rayapati named 2nd female mayor in Moline’s history
- Moline Police: Students who made video identified; state’s attorney to review case; school district plans separate investigation
- Moline leadership change means new approach towards WIU’s future