Morning fire damages Stashu’s in Moline

News
Dijo_lBWkAE1kVp_1532104891818.jpg

A quick response by the Moline Fire Department is credited with keeping a fire from spreading at Moline restaurant. 

Local Four and Fox 18 News was the first TV station on the scene of the fire at Stashu’s Deli, Pizza and Meats.

Fire officials said the call came in just before 9:30 a.m. July 20 and was contained to a custodial closet.

The extent of the damage was not known as crews had to cut in the roof to assess how significantly the fire spread.

The manager of Stashu’s said they’ve been in business for more than 30 years and are waiting to assess the damage to see the impact on the restaurant.

Neighboring businesses in the strip mall were evacuated as a precaution. 

The Moline Fire Department, in a press release Friday afternoon said the cause was chemicals stored near the water heater. Damage is estimated at around $35,000.

In addition to the restaurant, the neighboring business also sustained damage.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.