AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – The Founding Partners of Drive, Chip and Putt have announced changes for this season, in regards to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic.
The 2020-21 qualifying season, originally set to begin May 2nd, is now cancelled. The Founding Partners say this was done to protect the health and safety of all involved.
Also announced, the Drive, Chip and Putt National Finals, originally set for April 5th 2020, will now take place on April 4th 2021, the eve of the Masters Tournament. Each National Finalist will be invited to compete in the same age division for which they previously qualified in 2020, regardless of their age on that date.
Those that bought tickets to the National Finals will be sent a refund in May and guaranteed the opportunity to buy tickets for next year.
MORE SPORTS STORIES:
- Banned runner allowed to race at US trials pending appeals
- Play halted for Eriksen tribute during Denmark-Belgium game
- The Latest: US Open finally starts after 90-minute delay
- Tour de France to hold women’s cycling race in July 2022
- VeeKay expects to race at Mid-Ohio after breaking collarbone
- ‘A complete midfielder’: Locatelli does it all for Italy
- Britain upgraded to World Cup bobsled gold from 2017 race
- Rafael Nadal pulls out of Wimbledon and Tokyo Olympics
- Slovakia’s Vavro tests positive for coronavirus at Euro 2020
- Eriksen to be fitted with implanted heart monitoring device