OSSIAN, Iowa — A tiny town in northeast Iowa is home to the state’s Best Burger.
The 2021 winner of the Iowa Beef Council and Iowa Cattlemen’s Association contest is Bambino’s in Ossian. The “Bino Burger” is 1/3 pound of 100% beef and is only flipped once.
The town of Ossian, located in Winneshiek County, had a population of just over 800 residents in 2019.
Bambino’s was one of 10 finalists for the Best Burger prize, including:
- Arty’s Ice Cream & Grill, Wilton
- #DutchFix, Pella
- Fishback & Stephenson Cider House, Fairfield
- Foodie Garage Eatery, Dubuque
- Moo’s BBQ, Newton
- Murphy’s Creamery & Grill, Toledo
- Saucy Focaccia, Cedar Rapids
- The Map Room, Cedar Rapids
- Troy’s Bar and Grill, Earling