LAKE CHARLES, La. ( CNN/WKRG ) — Hurricane strength winds damaged Lake Charles tower in Laura’s path as they swept across a parking lot and blew debris around.
The National Hurricane Center has determined that the center of Hurricane Laura came ashore just prior to 2:00 AM ET / 1:00 AM CT Thursday at Cameron, LA. Hurricane Laura roared ashore with maximum sustained winds at 150 mph and a minimum central pressure of just below 940 mb.
- 2nd Davenport man held on arson charge in garage-fire incident
- Niabi Zoo says goodbye to beloved African lion
- Civil Rights Commission makes reform recommendations to Davenport City Council
- Quad Cities Iowa suicide prevention walk set for this weekend
- Host a house party and help Family Resources