A strong odor forced students to be evacuated from Children’s Village West to the Putnam Museum on Thursday morning.
Here is the full news release from the Davenport Community School District:
At approximately 9:15 a.m. a strong odor was recognized by staff at Children’s Village West.
At that time, 911 was called and students were evacuated to the Putnam Museum as a precautionary measure.
The Davenport Fire Department arrived and determined the source of the odor to be electrical. A breaker had worn out and needed to be replaced.
Davenport Community School District maintenance was on site quickly and repaired the issue allowing students and staff to return to the building around 10:20 a.m.